How did you do with your reading? I stayed up until 1 AM Sunday morning even though I had to be at church early, partly because I couldn’t tell how close I was to the end of the book – the downside of a 7 book set.
For me, I loved the book. As soon as we get through the summer reading, I’m heading back to read the rest!
I loved the concept of light/darkness. I liked Achan and Vrell equally well. One thing that bothered me with Vrell was how unaffected she was by her capture and journey. She seemed awfully content to go with the flow for a woman of her breeding.
I was surprised by the vote of the counsel at the end. I didn’t see that coming. It always surprises me how corrupted power can make people. And I was a little disappointed that Achan didn’t learn that Vrell was a girl at the end. Wonder when that’s going to happen…
Now, let’s hear from you! Feel free to tackle any of the questions that strike your fancy either here or on my Facebook page.
1. What did you think of the book?
2. What did you like best about it- favorite character/line/scene, etc?
3. Was there anything that surprised you?
4. Was there anything left unresolved or anything you would have liked to have happened differently?
5. What was your reaction to Poril? Do you think he was beating Achan on orders or because that’s the kind of man he was?
6. What did you think about the land half in shadow and half in light? What about all the underground tunnels?
7. Whose POV did you like better? Achan’s or Vrell’s? Or did it matter?
8. Which characters do you want to learn more about in the rest of the series?